Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cycle Source - Big Mountain Run - Reliance, Tennessee

Just got back from a whirlwind of a 3 day run out to the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee to go to the Big Mountain Run, hosted by Cycle Source magazine. Truly wish I could have done the actual run again this year but time restraints didn't allow for it. So I did the next best thing, I wrenched on the bike to get things in order the night before and bolted out at 5am on friday morning to hit up some of the best roads in the country. As shitty as the rain was on friday, I still had a killer time tearing it up through the mountains. Only once did I truly hit the suck factor and that was at the very top of the Cherahola Skyway in which I hit heavy downpours and fog as thick as molasses. Luckily the gods of thunder were with me up there on Mt. Olympus and no truck or other bikes came plowing through me as I chugged through one of the most scenic roads in south in second gear, soaked through clothes and visibility at zero to nil. When I reached the Tennessee side of the Smokies the skies cleared up and it was one hell of a party to ride into. I can whole heartedly say if ya weren't there ya truly missed out. Here are a few photos and more on the Rusty Knuckles Flickr page.

Rusty Knuckles on Flickr.


Stripped Down Cycles Springer for $1200
Harley Knucklehead

Well worn on Indian tank
Black Sunshine Customs
Court House Customs engraved Sportster
Clean Panhead custom chopper
Cartoon rocket ship and metal flake on a custom tank, killer paint job
Knurled brass spacers, perfect finishing touch